AzureAD ERX ONE Unified Sign-in Xperience
Existing Run Xperience
If you have Office 365 for Business or Microsoft 365 then you are ready to connect your Windows 10 Device with AzureAD
*If you are on a fresh new device, or re-installing on a Windows 10 device with no user account, try FRX(First Run Xperience).
AzureAD is only available for Windows 10 Pro or Ent with the latest updates(if you have Home – please upgrade prior). Latest updates contain many advances to make this process seamless for you.
Updating Windows 10 for AzureAD
To update Select the Start button, then select Settings (Gear-shaped Settings) icon > Update & security > Windows Update. Select Check for updates. If updates are available, install all and re-check until no more update are available.
AzureAD ERX Steps
- Make sure you have latest Windows 10 updates to make this seamless for you.
- Connecting can be completed Anywhere – at the Office/Home/Mountain…
- Proceed to Start and select Settings.
- Select Accounts
- Select Access Work or School
- Select Connect within Access Work or School
- Here you can select Join this device to Azure Active Directory
- Then enter your 365 Work credentials and select Next.
- Next enter password for your 365 Work account.
- Select Join to connect with your Organization
- Next you see a confirmation that you’re all set!
- Now your device is connected with your Organization – Congratulations : )
- These steps help join your device, now you can sign-out and sign-in with your 365 credentials.
- When signing back in, this creates a new profile requiring transferring files and setting up apps within.
- Signing into Outlook, OneDrive and Office within the new profile will Automatically Sync with no transfer required.
Managing within AzureAD Portal
- Within AzureAD Portal – you will see the device listed within shortly following.
- Centrally manage all devices and provide continual provisioning of protection and policy management.
- Optionally verify on the device via command (dsregcmd /status) – which shows Yes for AzureAD Joined
AzureAD ERX FAQs
Yes – AzureAD sign-in is personalized to your own domain (you@yourbrand…).
Yes – AzureAD(Active Directory) protection is built-in at the server/cloud level so all your devices have the same Xperience. Which means you do not install any add-ons or manage any third-party apps – it’s intelligent and continuously learns how to protect against new threats.
Try FRX(First Run Xperience) – no need to use the steps above, as you can join your organization at the start-up of the new device.
No – your office network is Anywhere you go now, AzureAD provides you with a secure network over any internet connection.