New SharePoint Online Updates coming with team sites in Office 365, including deeper integration with Office 365 Groups.
The homepage of SharePoint Online now provides you with a sleek modern look, which gives you visibility into the activity of your documents and quick access to Office 365 Groups.
- Team Sites get quick publishing with new Web Part
- With the new modern look, teams sites are now fast and much more user-friendly.
- Sites are now responsive to adapt to any device you use, within a browser or SharePoint App.
- Giving you the freedom to work with pages/sites that best suits your environment.
- Click New within your SharePoint Online team site for easy to create and editing right in your browser.
Building a SharePoint site is as simple as using built-in Web Parts. With these Web Parts you can customize content to your needs, add documents, videos, images and site activities. Click the + and select the part that best fits the content you went to add.
Each group you create gets a modern home page automatically, with the added ability to create additional pages, document libraries, lists and business apps within the group.
With this deep integration between Groups and SharePoint team sites, setting up team sections becomes Extremely easy :) All the above mentioned items are created automatically for you, there is no additional cost as this is included within available plans. Existing groups will also have their own team site created with this update.
Home Page has been redesigned, providing a focus on the teams’ most relevant content while maintaining easy navigation. With the new navigation it’s now easier to find the areas you are interested in, from lists, libraries, pages, apps, group inbox and more.
With data storage increasing at an increasing rate, you will need more space and we are happy to let you know limits are automatically increasing for you. Storage is now increasing from 1TB to 25 TB.