AzureAD ERX ONE Unified Sign-in Xperience
Existing Run Xperience
If you have Office 365 for Business or Microsoft 365 then you are ready to connect your Windows 10 Device with AzureAD
*If you are on a fresh new device, or re-installing on a Windows 10 device with no user account, try FRX(First Run Xperience).
AzureAD is only available for Windows 10 Pro or Ent with the latest updates(if you have Home – please upgrade prior). Latest updates(including Creators) contain many advances which help to make this process seamless for you.
Updating Windows 10 for AzureAD
To update Select the Start button, then select Settings (Gear-shaped Settings) icon > Update & security > Windows Update. Select Check for updates. If updates are available, install all and re-check until no more update are available.
AzureAD ERX Steps
- Make sure you have latest Windows 10 updates to make this seamless for you.
- Connecting can be completed Anywhere – at the Office/Home/Mountain…
- Proceed to Start and select Settings.
- Select Accounts
- Select Access Work or School
- Select Connect within Access Work or School
- Here you can select Join this device to Azure Active Directory
- Then enter your 365 Work credentials and select Next.
- Next enter password for your 365 Work account.
- Select Join to connect with your Organization
- Next you see a confirmation that you’re all set!
- Now your device is connected with your Organization – Congratulations : )
- These steps help join your device, now you can sign-out and sign-in with your 365 credentials.
- When signing back in, this creates a new profile requiring transferring files and setting up apps within.
- Signing into Outlook, OneDrive and Office within the new profile will Automatically Sync with no transfer required.
Managing within AzureAD Portal
- Within AzureAD Portal – you will see the device listed within shortly following.
- From here you can centrally manage all devices and provide continual provisioning of protection and policy management.
- Optionally you can verify on the device via this command (dsregcmd /status) – which shows Yes for AzureAD Joined
AzureAD ERX FAQs
Yes – AzureAD sign-in is personalized to your own domain(yourbrand…) – providing you with a personalized sign-in (you@yourbrand…).
Yes – AzureAD(Active Directory) protection is built-in at the server/cloud level so all your devices have the same Xperience. Which means you do not install any add-ons or manage any third-party apps – it’s intelligent and continuously learns how to protect against new threats.
Try FRX(First Run Xperience) – no need to use the steps above, as you can join your organization at the start-up of the new device.
No – your office network is Anywhere you go now, AzureAD provides you with a secure network over any internet connection.